Sunday, April 5, 2009

Big Boy!


Last week, while grocery shopping, I went down the diaper aisle for about the nine hundredth time. While perusing the selection I reached for Jadon's size in the big ol' $20 package and then stopped. Did I really want to do this? So I turned around and instead picked up a package of Easy-Ups. And that was the beginning of the end. We stayed home all day the next day. Jadon spent several half-hour stints on the potty chair watching Veggie Tales. After a couple of unsuccessful tries, he figured it out! He "dirtied" his pants precisely at 8am for the next four days, but stayed dry all day(including naptime) all week long. Even a shopping trip and the library didn't faze him! In the nursery both Friday and this morning, he didn't really want to cooperate, but instead of having an accident, he just waited for Mommy. After Micah's very delayed attitude about the potty, I had myself ready for a few more years of diapers with a little overlap with the baby. But it looks like I might have a six month reprieve! I'm so proud of my big boy!!

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.