Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A most beautiful girl

Ok, before I get into my post, I will briefly address my 11 month blogging hiatus: I've been busy.

Moving on...



A couple of years ago, I met this young girl who was babysitting for our small group and needed a ride into church every Thursday night.  She's fun and bubbly, and I've gotten to know her pretty well during those 20 minute drives every week since then.  I've learned a lot about how much she doesn't like math and how much she loves Burrus corn.  But something more than that, I've seen this girl grow into an awesome woman of God.  She struggles with all the same things that teenagers struggle with, but  she knows the loving God who's with her through it all. 

Crae loves children with a passion and she has found a very special place in the hearts of my children and me.

She lives right around the corner and often shows up to play with the kids or take them to the park.  Last summer, she surprised me by teaching Jadon how to pump his legs on the swing without me even knowing!  Now, that's the way to a Momma's heart!!

Crae is a senior in high school this year, so I asked her if I could do her senior pictures for her as an early graduation gift.  She wanted to take the kids to the park to do them, which is so typical of her. I really don't know what we're going to do if she goes off to college next year.  We'll miss her for sure, but I'm so proud of who she's become. 

Congratulations, Crae!  We love you.

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.