Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where I've been

I've had no internet access for an entire week. It's been very difficult to handle. Fortunately, I've had plenty of other things to keep me busy. Namely cleaning up this mess.

Our basement flooded a couple of weeks ago after 6 or so inches of rain which translated into 16 inches of water in the house. So here is our basement spread out all over the yard. My favorite is the Christmas tree standing in the middle of the backyard. Can we say redneck?Thankfully, most of our things were saved. And despite replacing the motor on the dryer, all the appliances survived. There was some damage to the drywall and the doors in the new bedroom, but hopefully not too much.

I truly appreciated the clothesline and 80 degree weather while we waited for the dryer to be repaired.

The funny thing is, after all the cleanup I did, I managed to have a lot of the basement, at least my part, much more organized than before. And that feels great. Sometimes you just need a little push to get something done.

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.