Monday, December 14, 2009

It looks like Christmas!

We finally got our Christmas tree up last weekend.  Usually we do it while Kevin is hunting, sometimes first season, but usually second season.  We are fake tree kinda people, sorry to all of you purists out there, but it's just simpler.  However, that thing is HEAVY!  So I tasked my husband with the job of bringing it up from the basement before he went off hunting... 


Then I tasked him to bring it up after he came home from hunting...


Finally, a week after I had first asked for it...        I dragged it up the stairs myself.  And then I ripped the bag in the process. (That's why he's supposed to do it.) 


It's a prelit tree, but when I plugged in the first of the three sections, only one strand lit up.  Those suckers are very complicated to get off.  In the end only 2 or 3 of approximately 8 strands worked. Our basement flooded last spring and even though we set the tree up in the backyard to dry (yes I know, very white trash but you do whatcha gotta do) I think the water shorted out the lights.  So after several hours of unstringing and restringing lights, we got the tree up.  Then we still had to wait for Daddy to decorate with us, because life is just more fun with Daddy around.


The kids do all the ornaments.  Jadon was really into it this year along with Chloe's instruction.
Photobucket
Most of the ornaments ended up front and center, because that's how my kids roll, but Daddy tried to help distribute them a little more evenly.



Photobucket
Isaac wasn't really much help, but he sure is cute under there.

Photobucket
Micah was more interested in his reflection in the ornaments than anything else.

Photobucket
After we were all finished with our tree, we made our way to Grandma Ellen's to play with Ilese.  And of course Grandma's tree still needed decorations, so they got right to work over there. 
Photobucket

Ilese and Chloe worked diligently to make that tree look awfully pretty.

Photobucket

Of course Grandma is a little more into her Christmas decor than I, and she had already done the rest of the house.  And she decided her home could not be complete without her very own Rudolph. 

Photobucket
This must be where my husband gets his sense of humor.

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.