Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dinner time!

Sunday night I was not feeling at all like fixing dinner.  I had made fajitas for lunch, and I really don't think it's necessary to have more than one big meal a day.  But we had used up most of the leftovers and I didn't think of it soon enough to pull a meal out of the freezer, so it was either sandwiches or fajitas again. Then in a flash of brilliance, I figured out how to get a meal like this on the table with little or no effort from me.
Photobucket
Get the seven year old to do it!  I have never been a big fan of kids in the kitchen, mostly because I am not a very patient person.  But on occasion I do let them help.  And Chloe is beginning to be quite a big helper.  She is big enough now to even do the stirring on the stove which makes her feel pretty big and special. 
Photobucket
And this works out really well for me because all I had to do was give her instructions and supervise the process.  She made the entire tatertot casserole from start to finish!  She even chopped the onions!  I did have to put the casserole in the oven, but that was definitely worth it to me. 
Photobucket
Check out the tongue! She was really working hard! Chloe was so proud of herself she even thanked me afterwards for letting her do it.  She's such a big girl and I am so proud of her.

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.