Friday, August 22, 2008

...Vacation

Now I know you're all dying to hear about that big ol' fishy, but you're just going to have to wait until Kevin is good and ready to tell his story. In the meantime, how about if I tell you about the rest of our vacay?

Chloe and Micah spent a lot of time in the water. Jadon got to join them at the beach a few times and even float around in his "boat" out by the dock. But the big kids quickly progressed from gingerly wading in the shallows to going off the dock on the slide. By the end of the week, they were even riding on the tube behind the speed boat, begging to go faster and faster.
On Wednesday Chloe and I joined Aunt Ann at the Farmers' Market. Chloe got to pick out some blueberries.
We got several bags of produce and a beautiful bunch of flowers.The colors in the market were so beautiful that I couldn't resist snapping a "few" more pictures. We also got some delicious pumpkin cookies. I'm going to have to try to find a recipe for those.

Micah had a lot of fun fishing with Daddy, but Chloe spent most of her water time swimming. She did, however, spend a little time fishing. Of course, when you fish with a bobber and a worm, you have to first catch the worm. So that's what we did. We didn't have to look far. We headed out to the woods behind Ann and John's house with a shovel, but we really didn't even need it. Chloe and Jadon thought picking up the worms was pretty cool. Micah needed a little more convincing, but he did it!
After all the fun of fishing and swimming, Ann and I decided we needed a little bit of shopping, too. So on Friday, she and I took off to the outlet stores with Chloe. I think Ann had fun spoiling my girl and Chloe definitely had fun being spoiled. She had a fashion show for her Daddy after we got home.
The week was great and full of fun new things, but the most exciting part was still to come. Uncle John brought something very special home on Saturday afternoon...


...to be continued...

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.