Wednesday, June 25, 2008

She's 6!!

So, as promised, I'm here to tell you all about Chloe's birthday. Her actual birthday was on Father's Day so we had to have it last Tuesday instead of on the actual day. She wanted a "horsey party" of course. So we got some horse themed decorations and a piñata and set up at the park near our house. We had it in the middle of a work day so not everyone who was invited could attend, but parties wear me out so that was just fine.

We had hotdogs and chips and punch, pretty usual junk food party stuff, but the best part was the cake made by my dear friend Amelia . They were gorgeous!
The kids loved the piñata, although some of them had some difficulty waiting their turns. Andy couldn't figure out why he had to go last, but as you can tell from this picture, he demolished the poor thing. As soon as I snapped this picture I was pelted by a downpour of candy. Doesn't he look scary going after this little horse?!

Anyway, Chloe had a great time and everyone had plenty of time to play at the park. I love that about a birthday party at the park. There really isn't much need to keep the kids entertained. They pretty much keep themselves happy.

Until next time, enjoy the pics!!

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.