Thursday, July 10, 2008

Date Night

This past Tuesday night Kevin and I actually paid a babysitter to come over to our house and watch the kids while he and I left (together) for more than 4 hours. Now that might sound like no big deal to some of you, but believe me, it was a big deal. Number one, finding a 15 year old girl willing to take care of my 21 month old with chronic diarrhea(ew!) is not an easy task. And number two, those of you who know my husband know how difficult it is for him to spend more than $10 on dinner let alone pay for a babysitter and drive an hour to Red Lobster.

But Kevin actually managed to bite the bullet and make a date. I think he was excited about passing his test last week, which I forgot to mention. He took a series 7(?) licensing test which has something to do with selling stocks and bonds and calls and puts and all those other securities that I don't understand. Basically, it's a long, hard test that he's been studying for months for and a lot of people don't even pass on the first try. So I really think he was interested in celebrating that.

Anyway, we picked up some friends in the 'Burg and drove to the big city. We had a great time, but when we got to Red Lobster they were completely out of fresh fish. Who ever heard of that at a seafood place? That was a little disappointing, but we made do with shrimp and scallops and crab. Don't you feel sorry for us? It was lots of fun and hopefully we can do it again soon. I just love having dinner without a little chorus of "I don't like this" or "can I have more" before I've had a chance to swallow my first bite. I also love seafood, so that can't be a bad deal, can it?

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.