Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Trip to the Movies

My girlfriend, Val, and her little girls came into town this week to visit her grandmother. She called me up the other day to see if my big kids and I would like to join her and Carolyn for their first big screen experience and go see Wall-E. Of course we said yes so Aunt Jody kept Jadon during naptime and we were off to the movies. Chloe had a great time. Although, by the time it was all over, she had a tummyache from too much popcorn. But Carolyn and Micah were a little disturbed by the loud music and the scary spaceship. Val and Carolyn ended up having to leave about halfway through. It was too bad, because it was a very cute movie. Micah climbed up in my lap and hid his face from the scary parts (he'll tell you there were 3 scary parts) but for most of the movie, he had a good time.

Every once in a while, it's nice to get to do things with just the big kids. And Jadon was still sleeping when we got back to Aunt Jody's so he never even knew he had missed out. It might be a few years until he gets to go, too. And when he does, remind me to bring some earplugs. I forgot how loud movies are!(I think I sound like an old woman)

No comments:

Mom to four beautiful blessings including a brand new little guy. Laugh and cry with me as I navigate the joys and perils of motherhood and homeschooling.